Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Twombly on Twombly


"It's instinctive in a certain kind of painting, not as if you were painting an object or special things, but it's like coming through the nervous system. It's like a nervous system. It's not described, it's happening. The feeling is going on with the task. The line is the feeling, from a soft thing, a dreamy thing, to something hard, something arid, something lonely, something ending, something beginning. It's like I'm experiencing something frightening, I'm experiencing the thing and I have to be at that state because I'm also going." - Cy Twombly




  
      Cy and I in New York at the MOMA.

6 comments:

david weir art said...

Great Post Robert,

A Master Painter that we can all learn from.

davidtmiller said...

My favorite post of the day. Thanks.

Cynthia Monica said...

I seem to have been obsessed with Mr. Twombly since learning of his passing, and I love your post. Lucky you to have a photo of yourself standing next to one of his works! BTW...what a cool studio and I love your work!

Jo Murray said...

Thank you Robert. Any day that starts with a Cy Twombly painting is bound to be a good one.

Franco said...

I loved your work
Congratulations

Karen said...

interesting post!